Firstly, I would like to extend my gratitude to the readers of this blog for prying your eyes over this page as it's been 1 month since my last update and you people still check it out for updates! The truth was I was having a hectic time balancing school work and my DJ commitment and I had to make true of my promise to my dad which was to concentrate on my studies. For that I made sure that I completed all the assignments before their deadline without requesting for an extension (because i will let it drag on and affect my other deadlines if i should get an extension). I have been neglecting my radio show for the past 2 weeks in preparation for the big event at Melbourne Aquarium and my studies. I would like to give a big ups to fellow Radio Monash members like Grace and Zoo (the programming manager) for keeping up with their commitment even though they had their pre mid semester break blues like examinations. When I meant school work, I actually means plenty of assignments including a 1.5k essay which would seem demeaning to my friends studying in Singapore unis however I had to summarize it and had to use a incredulous amount of diagrams to put my word across.
Pirates and the Poles
I really enjoyed that show when I crashed in with Grace the last time. Hope to do it again before she leave for KL. (Hope you see this). Had a interesting conversation with Zoo yesterday as I was in sch when I saw him retagging the radio's mp3 files. Had an interesting chat with Arun from Bio Medical Science and his group of pals during the SAM BBQ. He's one of the friendliest guys in the halls. He would even say hi to me even when I don't know him! =)
Da Pirate Kings on that day.
Preparing for the MUMSU ball was a hard task for me. It was something like coming out of retirement. (Actually Fengz commented that I have just been sticking my head out of the closet lol.) I had to juggle with a 1 week of research of what's hot in the RnB / Hip Hop scene as well as researching and finishing the essay (Credits to Aik Yong and Sylvia to sending my plenty of songs to let me take into consideration). Speaking of which I have an assignment and another essay due after this week even though this this somewhat of a break. it's looking like one of those study breaks.
Okay I look like a fag here.
Initially, I had problems aliasing with my contact and hence was really frustrated with it however I am glad that things turned out to be really well by the end of the ball. The ball proved to be quite a fine performance, a show of experimental mixing and scratching off the rust inside of me. I had an nervous wreck moment though when I was asked to play music from a cd which my system was not cut out to play although a quick 10s hear of it seem to give it an OK. the file bailed on me while i was in the middle of the session and I was playing absolutely nothing. The system crashed and I had to spend 5 mins converting the files into mp3 format for it to be compatilble with the system. All hail iTunes. Yes there were boos but people do like to get at you if you are impressive =P. I sorta gave an explaination that my mac hung but that wasn't really the case. Would like to keep things simple ain't it. That was my highlight hahah I guess in a way.
He got it lucky =P
I had loads of equipments to load and unload from the car that I was half an hours late to the event (dress up, city pm peak traffic and sound checks) had I had to set it up briskly and I am grateful that I was all done in time. With sound checks and everything made available by 7 pm I was a safe man. the committee were pretty late as well so I was pretty stressed in getting things done in time. I found myself swearing unnecessarily it sort of reminds me when i was in council and my department would always comment that I swear plenty but in fact i think it normally happens when I get stressed. I guess its my way of de-stressing...however things turned out well. There was no fault in my setups and everything ran smoothly music and mic wise. I tried alot of experimental mixing there with myself bring out my attitude by playing different music when the best dressed couples were doing catwalk auditions and scratching when i am not playing any music. I guess from the complementaries, feedbacks and the number of people walking up just to chat with me i can interpret that I was doing quite a good job. Packing up went really fast because I had the members of MUMSU helping me. A big thank you esp to Janet and her bf (for providing me with valet parking, lol) and the president and raymond helping me out. Had a bit of problems with the masking which i thought would cost me extra while returning the equipments but it went alright. Another problem which i encountered was that I could only return the equipments the next day. and the equipments was 15 mins away from the city in the opposite direction from where i was living. So 3 hours journal to and fro was something i don't wanna do. a waste of fuel and sorts. So i decided to spend the night over in my car until Ada offered me to bunk in which was really kind of her considering the fact that she was leaving for Perth in the early morning. leaving me 'home' alone. Settled down there went for the after party which i had some fun partying with the committee members. Free booze. =)
The committees who made it possible
In the morning woke up at 9ish and made my stay worthwhile by washing the dishes and clearing the trash. After which returned the equipment and i had a early lunch at Sue's Delight. To be frank the food is not bad there considering they served fish soup on last Monday which i dearly missed. However recently Sue's temper is making the place abit negative in terms of atmosphere. The constantly squabbling between the couples in the kitchen is making it a turn off place for me even if the food is decent. I always think food is best made with a calmness in the head. However, I have to take my hats off to sue for making decent food with a fiery temper.
I like that dude's hair!
Toodles for now. Photos available when Serene and (god knows who) send me the photos of that night which I can grab.
______________________________________________________________________
That's me in the middle of the picture in white. =) What a terrible shot this was =P
That's be in the background while mixing it up for the poledancers.

No comments:
Post a Comment