
That's Mike Nichol.
Why did I struck all of those out? It turns out that my computer was infected with a 'virus scanner' and the brilliant me accidentally reformatted my entire hard disk including my backup hard disk which was unfortunately plugged in at the time time of my reformatting. I have lost my copy of Playlist 4 that I have made and decided not to publish until Wednesday. It seemed a bit like being shot in the arm. I will need to remake Playlist 4 in less than a day, which is possible if I stop fiddling around. I will take the opportunity to tweak the relatively inferior track list of Playlist 4. To make it into a better one. I just obtained 3Gb of brand new tracks through my beloved dc hub and thus will be able to have some sort of choice. The way I see it, it's like a brush of fresh air with the likes of Russian Trance Mantra, Dmitri Filatov catching my attention with his live sets and productions. He was incidentally awarded the Best Song award in a certain Russian Dance Awards this year. Wicked. I am certainly adding his track in along with the usual suspects above. The focus of Playlist 4 will however be unchanged. I will tweak the vibe curve and the track selections a little to make it sound better. =) I make a vow: I will improve. =)

That's Dmitri Filatov, one half of Sound Fiction.
Fading into the other subject. The event at Seven! I must first say that I don't know how to club. (What are you talking all DJs are able to appreaciate music and therefore knows how to club!) Firstly, (a fact from the Andrew's dictionary) no DJ can dance like a raver. I really put my hands down for those people on the dance floor that can shuffle their feet and can grease along the dance floor. My shoes that night were sticky (due to spilt drinks) and restricted (due to a packed dance floor). Secondly, as a DJ, I am trying increasingly difficult to satisfy my hunger of 'good music' even when i went to the house room at Seven I found myself profoundly disturbed by the relatively poor track selections and nervous wrecks of DJs due to inexperience. Basic stuff due to poor beatmatching and accidentalli pressing the CUE button. OPPS! The RnB main room was much better. Experienced DJs fitted with an MC crew. How wicked is that! However the RnB dance floor was packed so I didn't bothered chewing there. The Lounge room was playing Retro music and it was even worse! The DJ couldn't balance his levels! He was prolly playing a song at -12dB and he was scratching at the other channel to the beat at 0dB. ~.~ how can I hear the damn song? And it's lil baby scratch! Hey I can do that! Not to be overly critcal, there was this indian DJ who looked like he had some stuff in him. He dropped an awesome prog track. However he was soon rotated out of the picture after the track. O wait, did I say I was there because my friend, Melissa and to have a good night! I hope she and her malaysian gang enjoyed herself because I was a ghost (dancing away myself in the house room and critically overlooking the DJ stand). I think I am going off to Dream Nightclub the next weekend for some good 100% UK Hard Dance in Carlton.

Dude doing the Melbourne Shuffle!
Things I like to see in the club: Ravers! Those people who goes around in fancy glowsticks and just shake their booty or dance realli well or dance to fully express themselves. They give the clearest signature whether they like the vibe of the set or otherwise =) I happened to meet two ravers yesterday that were real friendly. They said Hi to me! There were only two of them. Two chics, one indian, one chinese. I was like just FONDLING MYSELF in their area of the dancefloor. Joking. =) Just the usual "dancing away myself and critically overlooking the DJ stand" I somehow don't like RnB cos they are so wickedly slow. grindingly slow that people just tag up and grind and rub each other's body. Grindfest. Nono~! It's Sinful! That's the Sex and the Mind not Freedom of Dancing. I sorta enjoy the company of DJ Police, cos of if they gather around you it means you have the pressure to perform and you have to be doing soemthing right in order for them to look at you. Either that or it's the other extreme when u keep =.=ing up. Hawt Stuff. Look forward to being on air this Wednesday. Might be blogging before that. Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment