Life has a interesting way of throwing a curveball to us. This year's much anticipated Zouk vs. MOS club competition in Singapore over the festive season has gone to a brand new level. I was at MOS to witness the NYE countdown. Matt Darey however, didn't really turned on the night, our old friend Paul Johnson did, even though he stopped spinning at 6:45 A.M. in the middle of a song after the breakdown of Rank 1 - Airwave. When he claimed that there were only 2 people dancing. (me & this other expat). Sadly enough reviews from over Zouk claims that Larent Garnier was having a stomper of a set. Somehow progressive and stomper doesn't really go hand in hand in my head, however part of me wished I was there. I would dare say that I have spent my festive season fruitful. Been out with friends, formed new friendships and been out clubbing (enjoying the music). ;) I would like to apologise to people whom i have been neglecting, be it organising for an outing whom i was left in charge of or even replying a long due email or a facebook wall post (because I need a Swedish translator to help me what you wrote for me, Andreas ;) Its beyond my comprehension). I was so busy that I almost fell sick towards the end of my 14 day stay in Singapore. Yes, in fact, i did fell sick in the end. I have done crazy stunts like walking barefooted to Sentosa (i have always wondered how some aussies do that when they go to campus and since there isn't a must-wear-a-shoe rule anywhere in singapore)or even Dance in the middle of an empty club but who cares.
Being in production sometimes really makes you live under your own rock and I have witness that. I logged on to Trackitdown for my very first time in a few weeks and was greeted by the massive amount of tracks that I need to check out. I guessed DJing @ Plush has really matured me in terms of playing out and the recent clubbing binge has improved my track selections. I know now that my previous E Playlists ain't that good as I thought they were. I have been taking my time to choose the songs for E Playlist 10. Part of me wants to make it a special one and the other part of me wants to make it an all-classic set and yet the third half of me wants perfection in sound quality and mixing. EQs has been quite vital, I realised that since I have started song production. I have become more appreciative of EDM as I would often break down the track into channels in my head and try to work out how sick and talented the producer must be in order to produce this track and it's not always the darn melody. Bach!
Well, moving aside, the jingly fat man is now back in hibernation and the clubbing industry seems to begin to slow down in all parts of the world or thats what I was told when I was working as a mobile DJ. That normally December bookings were the highest as they tend to increase after suffering a slump in January. Hangover? Yes I am definitely suffering from the likes of one, seemingly in need of a rest . However, this year comes as a surprise in terms of clubland in Singapore because the January line-up in the two major clubs definitely rocks the socks off those that were here in December. Reputation Wise. The lineup that I was mentioning consist of BASS Agents coming down to MOS to burst the bass, US Trance Legend - Christopher Lawerence (incidentally I heard on his radioshow that he is planning to rebase himself in Melbourne after wedded an Melbournian), Judge Jules (this one I have been waiting for ages, been digging his style on BBC), Sister Bliss (another one from the Hard Dance Scene), what really sick thou is the premier appearance of Stanton Warriors @ Zouk coming 26th. when they meets Tony Tay, local breaks king. Too bad the doctor has his medical exams. Oh well, I guess we will party on without him. But the way, you look at it. It's definitely a case of Singapore clubs taking the opportunity of a off-peak season rate to bring DJs down. ;) How sly!

No comments:
Post a Comment