Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Introduction

First of all, I would like to say this being my first post here, that I fully intend to use this as a form of introduction of myself since the 'about myself' in the section above only allowed me to enter not more than 500 characters. As you can see on my only photo above this post you can see a picture of me in Rod Laver Arena in the heart of Melbourne celebrating a massive clubbing event called Godskitchen (Flyer on the Right). I have only been to such an event of this scale once due to lack to self confidence and peers to head with. I jumped at the chance when my mate, Gary invited me to head to this even and my, my was I taken to it. Prior to that, I already had my interest in the Electronica field of music. Evolving from the 'degrading' and 'simplistic' Eurodance when I was around 16 to 18. Those two descriptions might not fit in well with some of my readers as most of the readers refer it as Techno. However, I would like to inform the un-informed that there are so many types of Dance Music around in the world. My favorite being Hard Dance, Hard Trance, Goa, Psychedelic Trance, Funky House, Electro House, Trance. I was just introducing my girlfriend Breakbeat (another great genre). To aid her with her break dancing. Good Luck to her on that, Breaks can go up to 170 beats per minute. Speaking of Dance Music, on the right column there are a list of radio shows I do try my best to tune into. Dave Pearce being the very best of dance anthem starters, Eddie being more into Trance/Hard Trance, Julesy and Pete playing predominantly house music. I do tune into Kutski once every month for my monthly Hard Dance feed. I do access several music sites a day being an avid listener and I do purchase mp3s online and vinyls/cds so i will be posting things here, reviews and my favorite track of the moment. There is even a section at the bottom of the site which gives a small track listing. This week and last week there has been an awesome track which has been making waves in Julesy's Radio Show. I was frantically trying to look for it. However I was unable to find an mp3 source. What I was able to find was a live version of it on Youtube. Here's a part of the tune. Have a hear of it. The breakdown with the trumpet sounding really blew me away. It's Judge Jules - 'Laid Bare' (Ibiza Trumpet Mix) for those for are incidentally interested. A great track!


There is however one problem that i might potentially face in the coming weeks which is: moving back to in-campus halls. I would like to go on the record to say that i was previously living in the halls prior before moving out due to reasons that i cannot use bittorrent and I need to go everything through the university's intra-net meaning no privacy and they record and charge you by bandwidth which i anticipate to go up really high if I were the user. The rent is a bomb too. If not for the stability that renting a room from an 'association' has, I would not be moving back in. How is this so? I have been on the move since moving out of the halls. I am currently at my 3rd location. 3 places in one and a half year. I just want a place to settle down and the first thing I meet my friends in campus is not to ask them about accommodation (whether they have a spare room in their house) and just to find out what's going on about them.

I have a great relationship with my girlfriend even though she's overseas. However, she's coming over here in winter for a month! I really appreciate her commitment sometimes. Being an international student in Monash University, I sometimes find myself severely limited in terms of social circles. However, it's not an excuse. I find myself not accepting at times and not participating in events the cause. I came to back to Melbourne this year with a cause and an ambition most of it is wrecked by a dreaded virus called glandular fever which struck me down in the early of my university term. The effects of the virus will still remain in my system for months after occurring. It still does causes fatigue and low level tolerance to alcohol. Yes, I can't drink. But I am fine with that. Or rather my throat will become sore. Actually I have not consulted the doctors about this but yeah. The virus threw all my aims and integrity out of the window and I am in the midst of a terrible exam period and trying to count how many units I am able to actually pass. This is primarily why I am writing this: to document a transformation.

Feel free to drop a comment or two at the bottom in regards to any posts in the future.

No comments: