Friday, February 29, 2008

Ciao Ciao Singapore/JB, Aloha Melbourne!

Hey people! I guess it's that time of the month when I finally blog. Thanks to all the people who met up with me or invited me to one kind of party or another while I was in Singapore or chatted furiously with me while I am super bored online on MSN. I will publish a few photos that were taken with different group of people that have accompanied me through the summer holidays.

First up, I was invited to Clarissa's birthday at VivoCity. Really Awesome, we watched National Treasure with Nicolas Cage. I think he looks alot like Paul Van Dyk. Don't you think so? Featuring from the left: Yours truly, Andrew Eimmer, Ryan (a bballer who came with Charlie), Clarissa (the one who commented that I had a huge beer belly), Charlie (my volleyball mate for most part of my jc life and a few extra sessions at Kolam Ayer), Ronggets (who is the Girls Captain of Volleyball and my one time cell group leader and few time shopper and 1 time fellow lecture crashing mate).



Next up, a random group of dudes that I met in Zouk during Judge Jule's gig. From the left: Chris, a truly alcohol inspired clubber. Down him a cuppa Redbull Vodka and he will encompass the dancefloor for the whole hour. 2nd left is a German dude who came over to Singapore to service some ships left on the dry docks. He specialises in the components of gear parts and on the extreme right is truly the hardest clubber i have ever seen and he only drinks water due to some medical conditions. David Ooi. It's rumoured that he's friends with most of the bartenders in Clarke Quay region that he gets most of the booze on the house and he's already friends with the Zouk bouncers. Well done Dave!



Thirdly, this is a group that I prolly hung out most of the times when I was in Singapore. please ignore the kids. They just love to take pictures but I hope you get what I mean. From the left is Wayne Lim (the cassanova and the owner of a future Aston Martin), on the 2nd is Wayne Yap who is a the owner of a future "Yap Women & Children Family Clinic" and the chic next to me is who i call MUM. I only met her this summer when I played for Plush but she has fitted very nicely into our jigsaw puzzle. Missing in the picture is probably Natrixx. haha.



Fourthly, my LAN mates from JC. i remember us going to a certain LAN shop everyday after school and even in the middle of the exam period. But i think the true purpose of this picture which is taken by the dude on the bottom left (Linus) is most probably to capture a shot of the chic in green in the background. I think she look not bad. This shot was taken at the top of Vivocity when we all went to support Star of the night, Jimmy (the one in green). Ivan came along too as he was sad being neglected. ;P



Finally, and i usually save the best to the last, these are only 2 selects from my friends that I have since secondary school. These two actually turned up all the way from the west to send me off to the airport. I am so touched. Sorry luh Justin I simply forgot that you were really keen. The who in the photos are Lss and Alvin Ong (who owns a very chubby chubby cheek, or so he claims ;P) Other people from my secondary school who met up with me are Clarence Foo (who is very much in love with xxx xx, Opps I didn't drop the hint did I?) , Sean Soh and Small Toh who tried to make it but he couldn't. He's really a busy bugger.



Special thanks goes out to those that I have met but I simply refused to take photo shots with due to the fact that it might be abit gay or it might insinuate some sort of extra meanings if i took a personal picture with him or her. Jancis! Grace! Pei Yun! Zeng Zi! Aik Yong! Yi Ling! Yu Ling! Joanna Peh (for being so friendly and coming to my volleyball session, haha!) The Whole CI Gang! I don't know why we didn't take a picture before we went our separate ways. A very few council select for inviting me to Trina House Party: Trina (the host), Ariel, Khairi (for inviting me), Nicole (for paying my cab fee home, i guessed i haven't returned my part yet), Sean (for chatting with me at the start of the party when no one was here yet!), Jiji for making his appearance (heaven seen him in a long time). Don't sweat it if you are not up there. You probably wind up some nerve inside me that made me exclude your name ;P

To all my aunties and uncles, thanks for the extra ang pao money that I received. I feel so loaded that sometimes I don't feel like opening up those red packets. My dad did the opening for me. Sorry i didn't really spend much time with my cousins, I know that next year you people will probably be planning a trip to go overseas which I would miss as I would be doing attachment somewhere else. My grandmother fell ill a few days before I left Australia. Hope she's ok. I have me friend checking out for her. But sometimes I don't feel like calling back to ask on her health.

Lost my wallet in NUS Science a few days before I flew to overseas and it did caused me alot of troubles.

There you go! There is just so much in my life besides music and DJing and it's just a choice whether I want to blog it or not. Flight to Melbourne was bad as the plane took a slight detour due to a hurricane on the west coast of Australia. Cheers to Tiong Yong-Hui Sariputa for picking me up from the airport.

On the first day i dropped, I went about replacing all the cards that I have lost and bought myself a new phone! HTC P3600i. And I went to QBH with fellow Middle Eastern people like Hadi and Husim. The main room was the main attention of the event and they (the MSA) indeed arranged for the HOTTEST DJs to grace the main room. The shot below was taken just at the start of the night. It shows 3 hot female DJs flipping through their records. Now that's certainly Famous. Sex appeal does sell. This is the first time I saw such an attempt.



Radio Monash had a small side room on the top floor. I decided not to play for the night due to a conflict of genres and it look as though I am going to give Section 8 a miss as well. I was relatively packed when Hadi was pumping his mainstream soulful house and it looks like I am having quite a jig in the photo. Try to spot me!



In my second event of the week for Radio Monash, I helped out at the booth on the Wednesday (when it rained cats and dogs and is really of a disasters for the Famous DJs *mocks) and Thursday (really good weather sunny and shiny in the mid 20s) of O week when Brett, Chris, Hadi and me took turn to spin the turntables at the outdoor stage along with a DJ from Club Seven. The sign up was great and it was an awesome day. Signed up with MUMSU club as well and i am considering signing up with Volleyball Club.



I bumped into Huili on that day and she invited me for a Combined Urban Life Session at night which was held at Chloe's house. I think i enjoyed it quite a fair bit with fellow course mates like jonathan already in attendance and people like huili and peggan made me felt welcomed. Everyone was friendly so it was a good night of socialising.



At yet another Radio Monash event, I was DJing at the Sir John Bar Launch. We were DJing at the chill out room..aka the converted airport lounge. This was actually the first time i have seen this kind of thing happen in the campus center at night. I had the grace of playing 2 sets despite coming in late from a volleyball session. The first set I played was rather chill out and breaks while my second set was rather commercial house. I hope to play at this such even again.



Well I have changed my header picture to the one above. Looks like I was having fun. It marks the start of the new year. ;) hope you enjoyed reading my wonderful life.

Cheers!

No comments: